Sunday, December 16, 2012

Nearly Wordless Santa Sunday

So the kids went and saw Santa at a Christmas party at Ry's ABA center this afternoon. Unfortunately, these well-trained professionals had the misguided idea of creating a sensory-friendly event for the kiddos: no bright, flashing lights, no interminable lines to wait in, no weird, creepy elves smelling of cigarette smoke and muttering inappropriate phrases under their breath. Do you know what this means? My kids actually halfway enjoyed having their picture taken with Santa and I almost didn't get that "classic" Christmas card shot I was hoping for. Shot after shot turned out decent and tame...until this one. As it is, nobody's screaming or pulling Santa's beard off or pulling down their diaper to pee on the Christmas tree so it fell a bit short of "classic" status, but I think this one is pretty great:

Are you kidding me with this guy?



3 comments:

  1. HA! I love that this is the pic you were going for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I feel like a broken record when I say, "you crack my shit up." Also, Santa looks younger than me. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know his exact age, but I'm guessing mid-late twenties. It was a bit odd to have such a young Santa, I agree!

      Delete